Winston Churchill, Mark Twain, Babe Ruth, John F. Kennedy, Michael Jordan, Jack Nicholson, Bill Clinton, Bruce Willis. What do all these famous people have in common? The love of a great cigar.
Monterey, CA, March 31, 2016 — Winston Churchill, Mark Twain, Babe Ruth, John F. Kennedy, Michael Jordan, Jack Nicholson, Bill Clinton, Bruce Willis. What do all these famous people have in common? The love of a great cigar.
In fact, it was the great American writer and wit Mark Twain who quipped, “Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man’s enjoyment of his cigar.”
With that in mind, is announcing the grand opening of its new store and smoking lounge Sunday, May 1, relocated to 765 Wave Street in Monterey, just above the renowned The Whaling Station restaurant.
The goal of The Humidor is to foster a community of people who can share the cigar experience in a unique and inviting lounge environment. A “cigar sanctuary,” if you will.
was created to provide the cigar aficionado with discriminating tastes a place where they can come to enjoy the good life.
“Cigars are all about slowing things down and enjoying life to its fullest,” said David Wilcox, owner-operator of The Humidor. “To smoke a great cigar is to savor life and all its ups and downs, to relax and wind down, take your worries off your shoulders and just enjoy.”
The great cigar maker Zino Davidoff once said, “A wisely chosen cigar to me, is like a weapon against certain of life’s torments, in some mysterious way, a little blue smoke chases them away.”
focuses on the craft and artisanal aspects of cigars in a comfortable lounge environment. Listen to cool jazz, sit in your comfy leather chair and relax, far away from the grind of your workday. It’s only a couple of blocks away from a Cannery Row, but a world away from your worries.
AtThe Humidor, you’ll find:
• Numerous brands of premium cigars, including Padron, Fuente, Opus X, Tatuaje, Gurkha, Rocky Patel, Ashton, and many more, plus accessories from Dupont, Xikar, Lotus and Prometheus.
• A vast assortment of cigars available in strictly monitored walk-in humidors. It also carries pipes, specialty tobaccos and other smoking accessories.
• A state-of-the-art ventilation system, comfortable leather chairs and big screen high-definition televisions — two in a private lounge, one in the public lounge — create an experience like no other.
• The Peninsula Club will have one main smoking lounge, a game room, an eight-person dining table or conference table. Reserve a room to host your board meeting in a cigar-friendly environment! Or reserve it for a private dinner party with food from The Whaling Station or Sardine Factory restaurants.
• A business center with computers and a copier/fax/printer.
• A media room with a big screen, hi-def TV to screen movies, this room will also serve as a quiet room, or smaller private lounge if groups want to break off from the main lounge environment.
Become a member of The Humidor’s The Peninsula Club and you can enjoy their VIP members-only lounge, a BYOB area where you can bring your favorite spirits, sit in comfortable leather chairs and enjoy sports or entertainment on big-screen high-def TVs.
Membership represents more than the opportunity of exclusive cigar prices, access to a cigar lounge and a personalized humidified cigar locker. It offers a unique opportunity to develop camaraderie within a special group of like-minded cigar lovers who refuse to accept the ordinary and mundane.
Standard full membership requires a one-time initiation fee of $2,000, then $150 a month dues.
Annual membership benefits include the following:
• Unrestricted member access to the luxury cigar lounge.
• 10% off individual cigar purchases and 15% off box purchases.
• Individual, personalized humidified lockers with your name (included, but optional)
• Invitations to special cigar events, including quarterly cigar round tables
• High-speed Wi-Fi access.
• Reserved VIP seating access (based on availability)
• Access to both the public and private lounges.
• Special order any brand of cigar and have it shipped to you or anywhere in the world.
Call (831) 375-7833 or go to www.thehumidorlounge.com to for more information or to sign up for The Peninsula Club.
Marci Bracco Cain
Salinas, CA 93901